Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

LibreOffice 4.1 password protected document

Another release of LibreOfice have been announced and I was quick to download
and install version 4.1. I must admit I have been a big fan of LibreOffice from their first release, but there are still a few bugs that I find annoying. Unfortunately I found a new bug in v.4.1, or at least I thought so...

After using the new version for a few days I needed to open one of my older files that are password protected. LibreOffice told me that the password was wrong, so I retried my password in case I made a typo. Strangely enough that was not the case.

Luckily v.4.0. was still accessible and I tried opening the file from there. And it worked... Something had to be broken in version 4.1.

After a quick search on google I found a simple solution to this problem. LibreOffice needed to have a way of accessing the file libsqlite3.so  On my Ubuntu system the solution was to add a symbolic link with this name that referred to the file libsqlite3.so.0.8.6 (This file is on my 64-bit Ubuntu located in: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ -folder.)

So the quick solution is to run this command:


sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0.8.6
 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so

And with this little tweak I was back in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment