Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Google AdSense

Google AdSense is a way of trying to make some extra income for making an effort on the internet... As long as your website is accepted. My blog was disapproved because of not enough content.

Does adding this little piece of content help at all?
I suppose not... I will continue working this blog for a while and then request a new audit.

In the meanwhile I will try to clarify what is needed to get adsense working on my new Linux Project site. For an existing site with a bit of content already on it it's a lot easier to get approved by googles initial check. For this site I was disapproved because the lack of content. Fair enough... I only had 1 or 2 blogposts and that's not enough to let google find out what this site is about.

So I will keep updating this blog for a while, and when I have about somewhere between 10 and 20 posts I will try to re-apply for adsense.

On another (unrelated) site which have been up for some years, and have a lot more content I got an approval within 6 hours. Or at least the first part of the approval. I inserted the code google adsense told me to insert and as far as I know the second part of the approval have started.

Google says that they will be inserting empty advertisements and I have noticed an extra blank field at the position I inserted the code. So all that is left to do now is wait and see how long it will take for Google to approve or disapprove.

After 2 days it looked like my adsense account was up and running. I did not receive any confirmation from google, but the red banner on top disappeared. 



No comments:

Post a Comment