Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

Merging pdf-files

Merging and splitting pdf-files is very easy if you have pdftk installed. Using it is as simple as you could ever want it. But I usually end up having to check the man-page if I want to do more complex stuff. I use it everytime I need to do something with a pdf-file. Although there are GUI options my preferred program for working with pdf-files are pdftk.


If you want to try it I recommend you try installing it from the software center. On ubuntu it's as easy as dropping to a terminal and typing:

sudo apt-get install pdftk


If your distro don't have it in the package manager you can find the source-files at: pdflabs.org

If you follow the link above you will find lots of good examples of how to use pdftk so I won't go deeper into that here.

No comments:

Post a Comment